Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Don't Feel Like It

Do you ever have one those days when you just don't feel like working out? It is not that you are sick or that you are too busy; you just don't have the "want to". I seldom have a day that I don't want to work out, but I had one of those days today. I would be willing to bet that most people would say "just take a day off - it won't hurt" and I am sure that they are right. However, I decided to head to the gym at lunch, like any other day, and give it my best shot. Well, to say the least, my best shot was pretty weak. I ran about 1/2 as far as I usually do during my lunch workout and then I walked the rest. Normally, after my exercise, I feel rejuvenated/invigorated/energized, but it just didn't happen for me today. I know for a fact that this feeling won't last long, because it never does, but it does make it challenging to get to the gym.

I guess what I would say to encourage folks to exercise when you don't have the "want to", DO IT ANYWAY!!! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment