Monday, April 12, 2010

Never "Felt Sorry"

Over the past few weeks, I have had two conversations with different folks about working out. After talking with them, one of their comments was, "After working out, I have never had the thought, 'I wish I hadn't done that!' " The other comment was along those same lines and it was, "I have never felt sorry that I have worked out after it was over".



Once you begin to exercise, you have already overcome the mental challenge that comes when you try to talk yourself out of working out. I typically don't have to have a conversation with myself when trying to decide if I am going to work out. However, I do have days when I'm tired or don't feel well and I believe that it is "okay" to take a day off. I am reluctant to do so because of the same reason I don't skip going to church: the first time you skip is the hardest and then it gets much easier to miss. I don't want to get into a bad habit or even open the door to that possibility!

No comments:

Post a Comment