Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Fitness Journey - Nutrition Breakdown!

This post will be a mixture of encouraging words and some steps backwards in my fitness journey.

I had taken about three weeks off from lifting weights and I was having a difficult time finding the motivation to start back. Finally, last Friday, I decided that "today was the day". The energy that I felt after finishing that first weight workout reminded my of why I enjoy lifting!



Another challenge for me this week has been only eating foods that have nutritional value. Sometimes I really fall off of the wagon on this topic. I, not only fell off of the wagon, but the wagon rolled backwards over me and I have had a whale of a time jumping back on! As of this morning, I am ready to recommit to a diet of nutritional foods and to drinking plenty of water.



As a word of encouragement, if you ever find yourself straying from healthy living, you can't turn back the clock, but you can start from where you are today and make better choices. One phrase that I have adopted is, "Today is the first day of the rest of my life!"

No comments:

Post a Comment