Wednesday, July 22, 2009

My Motivations for a Healthy Life!

I know that each person has their own reasons for living a healthy life. I wanted to share a few things that motivate me to get to the gym for a workout or get outside and go for a run or a bike ride.

I have been a member of the Summit for over 6 years and try to get in a daily work out on my lunch break during the work week. Since I try to go to the gym around the same time each day, I tend to see the same group of fellow exercisers (is that a word?) everyday. Even though we don't necessarily talk or know each other on a personal level, I feel accountable to those folks to be there on a regular basis. Believe me, you know when someone is on vacation or has been sick because you miss seeing them working out.

On the weekends, I tend to go for a run outside; on Saturday's it is usually in the morning and on Sunday's it is in the afternoon. My motivation comes from wanting to be a good example for my family. My husband and I will run while my 9 year old son rides his bike along side us. It is time well spent for us as a family.

I have several other things that motivate me, but I am only going to mention one more. Since I included working out as part of my daily routine, I physically crave the feeling of exercising! I am not sure how long it took for me to start getting the added benefit of a mental boost, but I can tell you, if I have to miss a work out, I notice that I don't have as much physical or mental energy. I am sure that sounds strange unless you have experienced it, but I can tell you it is real!

No comments:

Post a Comment