Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Fitness Journey

Today, I start my fitness blog and I am so excited to share my fitness journey with you.

Just to give a brief background, I began incorporating exercise into my daily routine about 21 years ago. One of the reasons that I have been able to maintain a healthy lifestyle is due to support from my family. It is critical to my fitness success to have the support of not only my husband and son, but also my extended family. We spend quite a bit of our family time enjoying activities outside as a family, such as playing tennis, biking, running, hiking, etc. and without their involvement, I would not be able to enjoy a healthy lifestyle.

Another important aspect of fitness that is important to me is eating healthy. For some reason, this piece is more difficult for me to maintain. I try to eat salads when I go out to eat and we cook using low fat ingredients at home.

I began today's posting talking about fitness being a journey and, indeed, it is a journey! I not only have to take it one day at a time to muster the motivation to get to the gym or to get outside and exercise, but I have to view it as another part of my daily routine, like brushing my teeth. I wouldn't go a day without brushing my teeth and so I shouldn't go a day (or most days) without exercising. My motto with regard to fitness.... It is NOT an option!

No comments:

Post a Comment