Thursday, October 29, 2009

National Runners' Health Survey

When I was going through my graduate program, I learned that surveys typically have a very low response rate. Since that time, I have tried to respond to any surveys that I receive through the mail to help out various research teams.

One of the surveys that I have received comes from Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (LBNL). They are trying to assess the impact of running on the health to runners over a period of time. The first one that I filled out and returned happened about 3 or 4 years ago; I received the second survey this week The questions cover your exercise routine, current health status, what-if situations (ex. if you were unable to exercise, would you be depressed?, etc.), and exercise goals for the future.

As I went through the process of filling out the survey, I was reminded of why I include exercise into my daily activities. The health benefits are huge! Every so often, it is difficult to stay committed to living healthy. The survey has helped to motivate me and recommit to daily exercise. Thanks to you, LBNL!

No comments:

Post a Comment