Wednesday, December 9, 2009

What NOT to Wear!

Dressing appropriately for outside exercise during the winter months can be a challenge. This past Saturday morning, as I was getting ready for my run, I checked the temperature outside and it was 31 degrees. In preparation for the cold temperature, I decided to wear long johns underneath my running clothes in addition to gloves, a toboggan, and a neck warmer. For about the first mile, I felt great, but by mile two, I was roasting! I had to remove my hat, gloves, and neck warmer. Thank goodness, I had pockets in my vest that I could stuff all of my excess clothing into rather than carrying it for the remainder of the run.

I suppose that I would rather layer and be warm at the beginning and be able to shed extra clothing throughout the run, rather than starting out cold!

No comments:

Post a Comment