Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Beach Running

For the past five years, I have gone with about ten ladies for a long weekend trip during the last week of January. We have been on two cruises, to Fredricksburg, and to Galveston. We are going back to Galveston for this year's trip and it starts tomorrow! I am so excited to be away from work for a few days, but getting out of my daily routine impacts my workouts. I am not too fond of running on the beach, because it is just too dang hard! I normally end up running on the streets through various neighborhoods when I am in Galveston. However, this year, I am going to challenge myself to do my runs on the beach. I will probably end up with sore muscles as a result, but that is a good thing, right?

I think that it is good to try new workouts occasionally, even though it makes exercise more challenging.

No comments:

Post a Comment