Friday, May 21, 2010

Great News!

Approximately 2 years ago, my parents were walking for exercise about 3 times a week and they seem to be feeling well, strong, and healthy. I was so proud of them because they had never participated in any type of formal exercise routine until then. However, for some reason, they just stopped walking and said they were too tired or didn't have enough time. My parents, now in their 70's, are experiencing a decline in their energy levels. I have tried to encourage them to start walking again since the weather is nice just to see if it improved their stamina. Now, for the good news. My Mom called me last night (as she does every night!) and told me that she and Dad had just gotten back from a walk! To say the least, I was thrilled. I hope that the exercise will benefit them like I think it will, but we will have to wait and see.

The first step is always the toughest, but it is a step in the right direction!

No comments:

Post a Comment