Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Winter Sports

It is that time of year again: winter sports!

My family and I are getting ready to go skiing next week in Crested Butte, Colorado with my parents. My folks don't ski much anymore and so they stay close to the condo while my husband, son, and I are on the slopes. We have some wonderful friends that allow us to use their condominium for the week that is located such that when you walk out of the back sliding glass door, you are able to put on skis and ski down to the lift. At the end of the day, we can ski back to the door! It is such an awesome set-up and we are so blessed to have such generous friends. We try to go each year during the Thanksgiving holiday break since it coincides with my birthday.

I have to say that the year round running and weight training that I do has always helped me to be prepared for this particular week of the year. My legs don't get tired or sore from the extra strain and I don't get as winded as I would with the higher altitude. Just another great reason to add exercise to a daily routine!

No comments:

Post a Comment